Saturday 27 May 2017

Tales of Ameria 0.0.1d public version

Hello everyone,

here is the latest version of my latest game Tales of Ameria.

For the full list of new stuff either read my latest post or take a look at the log file.

Here is the link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1hn5589ml5c1iko/Tales+of+Ameria+0.0.1d.rar


PS:
I have been working on the game this week quite a bit and have now implemented the whole second floor with all kinds of NPCs so it becomes more lively too.
I also created a few events that deal with your roommate Lina that will either lead into her enslavement, or her feeling the hospital and giving you an item that might help you investigating a certain room much easier.

For the next release my plan is to complete the shift system with the last "Ward" shift and a few other events that will be on the third floor. I will probably also make a few other random events in the city to make it more lively, though I don't know if it will be in the next update or inthe one after this one.

7 comments:

  1. I have been noticing significant lag when playing the game recently. It seems to occur whenever the big portrait of Julia is on-screen.

    I have noticed nothing else majorly wrong thus far, but am having trouble getting far with the slowdown.

    The lady at the desk on the first floor says "Just to the door to the door" when telling you where to go, where "Just go to the door" was probably intended.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure if this is a bug, or if I am missing something, but I can't find anyone at the agency to inspect the pink scalpel I found in the OR. Julia mentioned the "Tech Room" when she found it, but there is no "Tech Room" at the Agency. I tried talking to the lady in the First Aid Room that looked at the other two items, as well as everyone in the HR room, everyone in the Science Department (which is kind of like a "tech room"), and to the boss upstairs. I wasn't able to show it to any of them.

    Also, I found the password for the computer, but I can't inspect the computer now that I know the password. I am guessing that the event is not ready yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also had this bug. I can't find the second item, either (I've been looking for over an hour).

      Delete
    2. I was pretty sure that I already made an event for the scalpel but...
      Looks like I totally forgot about that. Will make one for the next version.
      Will also take a look at the computer, there is an event for the computer, but I may have take the wrong trigger to activate it.

      Delete
  3. I have a small problem. When you switch who talks, your avatar darkens a bit. The thing is that while that's happening, the text is just crawling along until it goes back to normal when the avatar finished changing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just started playing new version and the dialogue is severely glitched. After MC speaks her avatar lightens up and then when the NPC's speak after the text comes in broken and haltingly as her avatar gradually darkens. So essentially part of their dialogue shows up, then pauses, often cutting words up, and then once the image darkens enough it continues as normal.

    While under this effect there is no ability to speed up dialogue either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been noticing the lag too, I found an plugin that loads the images before showing them, this should make it much more smooth, though making the loading of the game/maps a little bit longer. Will look how it works out though.

    ReplyDelete