Thursday 16 June 2016

Bug fixing, bug fixing, bug fixing...

Hello again everyone.

I had not nearly as much time I wanted to use on the game, with the marriage of a friend coming close.
I worked on the game and fixed a few bugs here and there.

The biggest bug is probably...
the teleport into the forest.
I have no idea how I could forget that one.
Tested everything inside the forest, but not if you could get there.
Really sorry about this fuck up.

There was a bug in Bernstein, that prevented you from doing the events in the castle.
I wonder when I changed that though...
The problem was inside the inn, where a variable changed the story variable by +7 instead of setting it to 7, which caused problems soon after inside the castle.

I also changed the problem with head gear making problems, holy helmet/cap.
If there are other items I forgot please tell me.

 Also got messages about the bunny/demon outfit to not change the characters hair.
I implemented an old system where equip would change the character sprite.
MAybe I will implemented it for the new outfits, wasn't able to do it yet though.

Here is the new version, where you can get into the forest.
Next time I will try to at least enter the area...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2ggao8cbocawxq5/The+Order+3.5.e.exe

7 comments:

  1. In Sintra's castle, after calibrating all of the doors for Terra, whenever I try to go up the staircase to the next floor, it still says I need to calibrate the doors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you talk to Terra before trying to go up?

      Delete
    2. Yes, she says good job and moves up to the next floor, but whenever I use the staircase it still says there are doors to calibrate.

      Delete
  2. I got into the forest and did the pond/fairy/wolf stuff, but the path to the elf village is blocked off for me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Encountered a bug that halts progress through the maid castle, on day 3 in the scene with Tiran, Niltaru is the one who walks up to Tiran, then Rosa jumps in front of the wall, so when it tries to make Rosa walk down she can't. Is there anyway around this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another bug report, I seem to remember reading about this before but can't find it now on the TFgamessite forum.

    I get stuck in the maid castle on day 2 when I'm coming out of the kitchen for the second time. Rosa spots a friend who is on her way to be trained by Mark, a small cutscene happens and then afterwards none of the NPCs move and I can't move the main character.

    I did notice that Rosa's sprite jumps but isn't in front of her friend but from some of the animations and text its implied that she is supposed to be so it might be that the game is waiting for rosa to move and trigger the rest of the cutscene but she is getting stuck on scenery instead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. for some reason, I can't use mediafire anymore.

    I got this error ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

    ReplyDelete