Friday 24 May 2013

1. Floor Common Events

Ok I made most of the normal events for the first floor today and tested the card game some more.
Now I will need to make a few other events for the first floor and then I will be able to create the first
and second day of training for the first floor. Slowly but surely I see an ending to this castle.
I already have planned the next "city" so I hope the next update won't take as long as this one.
But we will see ;)

While I wrote the events for the first floor there was a little question that I came along.
There are a lot of dependend events that need different events already to be happened for them to be avaiable.
So I thought should I make these events "blink", or should I make all events blink so that you won't have to look at every object?

2 comments:

  1. It depends on what the event triggers are, I think. A blinking NPC will imo just look ridiculous.
    Since I don't know anything at all of what to expect - is it an Admiration path only or still an unbranched main quest - it is difficult to suggest anything.
    However if I had to, then something along the lines of the headmaid or some other person explaining (not explicitly, just like "the headmaid explains the daily chores to you") things at the beginning.
    Then after you enter a room with a possible event, a message like "if I remember correctly, ..." pops up. Otherwise, it won't.
    I hope I got the gist of what the problem is...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I would say do whichever makes things easier, but either way, maybe have a text that pops up and explains in game which one you are doing with the "blink"

    ReplyDelete